IN THE BOARD OF REVISION OF VAN WERT COUNTY, OHIO
BEVERLY A. FUERST VAN WERT COUNTY TREASURER: Plaintiffs,
: CASE NO. BR-17-02-001
: LEGAL NOTICE PURSUANT TO R.C. 323.69(B)
JOHN DOE, ET AL.,
***John Doe, the Unknonwn Administrator of the Estate of Janet G. Crosley-address unknown
Shane W. Neate-address unknown
Sean P. Neate-address unknown
The Unknown Heirs, Devisees, Legatees, Executors, Administrators, Spouses and Assigns and Unkown Guard- ians of Minor and/or Incompetent Heirs of Janet G. Crosley-addresses unknown.
John Doe, the Unknown Administrator of the Estate of Cora E. Davis- address unknown
The Unknown Heirs, Devisees, Legatees, Executors, Administrators, Spouses and Assigns and Unknown Guardians of Minor and/or Incompetent Heirs of Cora E. Davis- addresses unknown.
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that Beverly A. Fuerst, as Treasurer of Van Wert County, Ohio, did on the 27 day
of February, 2017, file a Complaint in the Common Pleas Court/Board of Revision of Van Wert County, Ohio in Case Number BR-17-02-001 asking foreclosure on the hereinafter described real estate for delinquent real estate taxes due, to wit:
Address: 512 Spencer Street, Van Wert, OH 45891
Parcel Number: 12-023288.0000
The legal description can be obtained from the County Auditor. The persons above mentioned will further take notice that they have been made party-defendants to said Complaint and that they are required to answer the same on or before twenty-eight (28) days from the last publication of this matter.
You are further notified of the following:
1. That delinquent taxes stand charged against the parcel of abandoned land identified and described in the complaint for foreclosure in this action;
2. That the aforementioned abandoned land will be sold at public auction or otherwise disposed of it not redeemed by the owner or other addressee as provided by law;
3. That the sale or transfer will occur at a date, time, and place, and in the manner prescribed by R.C. §323.65 to 323.79;
4. That the owner or other addressee may redeem the land by paying the total of the impositions (as defined in R.
C. §323.65) at any time before confirmation of sale or transfer of the parcel as prescribed in R. C. §323.65 to R. C. §323.79, or before the expiration of the alternative redemption period, as may be applicable to the proceeding;
5. That this case is being prosecuted by the Van Wert County Prosecutor in the name of the Van Wert County Treasur- er because the abandoned land which is the subject of this prosecution is located in Van Wert County, Ohio;
6. That this action is pending before the Van Wert County Board of Revision, Van Wert County Courthouse, 121 E. Main Street, Room 200, Van Wert, Ohio, 45891
7. That the Van Wert County Board of Revision case number for this action is that case number which appears in the caption of this case, to-wit: Case No. BR-17-02-001, which number is required to be maintained in the official file and official docket of the Can Wert County Clerk of Courts;
8. That all subsequent pleadings, petitions, and papers associated with this case and filed by any interested party must be filed with the Van Wert County Clerk of Courts, and will become a part of the case file for the Van Wert County Board of Revision
9. That any owner of record may, at any time before the twentieth day after service of process is perfected,
file a pleading with the Clerk of Court that the Board of Revision dismiss the complaint and order that the abandoned land identified herein be removed from the abandoned land list. Upon the filing of such a pleading, the abandoned land will be removed from the list and cannot thereafter be disposed of under R. C. §323.65 to R. C. §323.79, until the record owner of the abandoned land who is provided notice under R. C. §323.69(B)(1) sells or conveys the owner’s ownership interest. Further, that any future attempts to collect delinquent taxes, interest, penalties, and charges owed with respect to that land and appearing on the delinquent tax list or delinquent vacant land tax list, whichever the case may be, will be conducted in accordance with the judicial foreclosure proceedings or other remedies or procedures prescribed under R. C. §323.25 to R. C. §323.28
or under Chapters 5721, 5722 and/or 5723 of the Revised Code, until the record owner sells or otherwise conveys the owner’s ownership interest;
YOU ARE FURTHER GIVEN THE FOLLOWING NOTICE OF HEARING:
The Van Wert County Board of Revision has scheduled a hearing to be held on April 25, 2017 at 11:00 A.M., at the Van Wert County Courthouse, 121 E. Main Street, Room 208, Van Wert, Ohio 45891. The purpose of this hearing is to conduct a final hearing under Ohio revised Code Section 323.70(A) on the merits of Plaintiff’s foreclosure complaint, including a determination as to the validity and/or amount of any Impositions alleged
in the complaint, and thereafter, if appropriate, enter an Order of Foreclosure, and after the expiration of the alternative redemption period provided for in §323.78 ordering the parcel be transferred by deed directly into the van Wert County Land Reutilization Corporation, as an electing subdivision, without
appraisal and without sale, free and clear of all impositions and any other liens on the property as more fully provided in R.C. §323.74 and R.C. §323.78; and Under R.C. §323.72, to conduct a hearing to determine whether all or part of the Impositions due and owing have in fact been paid.
CLERK OF COURTS
VAN WERT COUNTY
COMMON PLEAS COURT
Cindy Mollenkopf, 121 East Main Street, Van Wert, Ohio 45891
March 11, 18, 25, 2017