Fire on Vine St. leaves home damaged
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:02 PM
Times Bulletin Staff Report
Van Wert Fire Chief Jim Steele reported that a blaze started at 12:29 a.m. Monday night in a house at 223 N. Vine St. The Van Wert Police as well as the Red Cross were present at the scene until 2:16 a.m. The home owner, Rob Stoller, was not at home at the time of the fire. Steele believes the fire originated in the downstairs living room of the two story home when a combustible was to close to a heating source. No injuries were reported in the fire but considerable damage was done to the home.October 7-13 marks Fire Prevention Week, and the Van Wert Fire Department will be visiting area schools this week to teach fire prevention and safety. Steele reminded, "There are always two ways out."